Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nebulight

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
I was working at CompUSA in high school when the first iPod was released. This was back in the day when they had a dedicated Apple Rep placed in the store. I was the first person in the store to buy an iPod (everyone thought I was crazy), but the Apple Rep gave me this when it was time to take it down. It slid into those stands so the top and bottom sorta have a loop.

I was cleaning out some old things and found this. It has the original Apple shipping container:

DX2rYLv.jpg

1HWWodp.jpg

AgjWnBz.jpg

XLbHEqw.jpg

My wife wants me to toss it, but it's made it though 5 moves with me, however we are looking to downsize and want to know if it's worth anything. Per the macrumors rules, I'm not looking to sell it on macrumors.

Thanks!

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2013
I was working at CompUSA in high school when the first iPod was released. This was back in the day when they had a dedicated Apple Rep placed in the store. I was the first person in the store to buy an iPod (everyone thought I was crazy), but the Apple Rep gave me this when it was time to take it down. It slid into those stands so the top and bottom sorta have a loop.

I was cleaning out some old things and found this. It has the original Apple shipping container:

My wife wants me to toss it, but it's made it though 5 moves with me, however we are looking to downsize and want to know if it's worth anything. Per the macrumors rules, I'm not looking to sell it on macrumors.

Thanks!
You can sell it on the Marketplace, and nice poster!

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2013
Any idea on price? I have no clue, $20? $200? $2000? (Doubt that one) ;)

Thanks.

I'd say $20, but thats only because I want it. I'd try to start an eBay bid at $200 and a reserve at $250, since the 2008 dancing ones go for $400 (much larger).

nebulight

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
I emailed the guys over at missingbite.com to see what they would offer but I haven't heard back. I'll probably try my luck tomorrow on eBay. Thanks for the help guys.

nebulight

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Well I just decided to list it on eBay as I didn't hear back from them. I listed it at $400 buy it now or best offer. Let's hope I get some interesting offers. I'll update this thread when it sells and for how much for reference down the road.

nebulight

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Well I just decided to list it on eBay as I didn't hear back from them. I listed it at $400 buy it now or best offer. Let's hope I get some interesting offers. I'll update this thread when it sells and for how much for reference down the road.

ended up selling for $200, fyi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.