Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D3LM3L

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
Detroit
Hello all, I've found a working website for instant messaging on our iPhones.

http://mob.ebuddy.com has working AIM/MSN/Yahoo clients that are web-based and work 100% on the iPhone, with full (not mobile) buddy lists. Granted, they look crappy and you have to refresh yourself (I think?), they still work and are a good substitute until something better comes out. Enjoy!

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
If you have an iGoogle account, then you can add that feature to your google homepage, that's what the link is for...

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
If you have an iGoogle account, then you can add that feature to your google homepage, that's what the link is for...

okay i'm Logged in i see Popular - Tools - News= Fun & Games.. in none of there is AIM!!! :(

switchy

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
Meebo.com. They're working on increased compliance with iPhone ;).. works fine, now, however.

bdj21ya

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
This doesn't work on edge for me. just says connection failed. Does it only work over wifi? Might AT&T be blocking IM sites?

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
aim express works for iPhone if you disable the pop-up blocker in safari.. it will still ask you if you want to allow the pop-ups, though.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Windows Live IM for Mobile Beta Works

Windows Live IM for Mobile Beta Works

All the Windows Live Mobile Apps Beta work fine. However, I believe you have to do a refresh to see IM message replys.

Not that great but for IM Users I believe it would be cheaper then using SMS.

has anyone used it recently? apparently it's quite decent now. But it may be sending out spam IM messages to your users? is this true?
I agree with everyone else. http://iphone.beejive.com/ To settle for something like this "eBuddy" when beejive knocks the socks the ball out of the park is simply crazy. It might sound like a funny name, but it is really the *PREMIERE* instant messaging solution on the iPhone right now. BeeJive is an A+ to everyone else's C+ and lower.

~ CB

briananderson

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
I agree with Cleverboy. Beejive is by far the best. If only these apps had sound and vibrate functions to notify me when I get an IM when I'm not staring at my iPhone....

infamous

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
I like both beejive and flickIM... but both certainly have their pros and cons

beejive has a great buddylist, but thats it... flickIM is better in all other aspects.

sicasaire

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2007
BAKERSFIELD, CA
I noticed that flickim logs in faster and sends and receives messages faster then BEEJIVE on edge...

But BEEJIVE handles multiple accounts and conversations better, not to mention way better buddylist and info...

I use flickim only when i am on edge and want to quickly check whos on.... otherwise i will take the extra seconds to load BEEJIVE because it dominates all other IM apps i have used so far...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.