Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OutGolfn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Looks like the Apple TV Fox News App now has both the live streams of Fox News and Fox Business live streaming tonight.

Before hand it was mostly on demand videos and certain live remote shots. Tonight is the first night I've seen full network live streaming just like the iOS app on iPhone and iPad.

We'll have to see if this stays after the election results tonight. Regardless of political opinions the quality of the live stream looks sharp and a solid feed.

OutGolfn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
I think tonight for the election it is streaming without the need for credentials. I'm sure they will put up the requirement after election night

Reactions: TheAppleFairy

OutGolfn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Looks like it was just for the election night, as they have removed both live streaming channels within the app this morning. I would imagine they will be re-added soon with cable authentication

tcoll150

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2016
Looks like it was just for the election night, as they have removed both live streaming channels within the app this morning. I would imagine they will be re-added soon with cable authentication
Do you need a cable sub to watch normally or can you spend like 9 a month to get the live stream?

rm2092

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2008
I was wondering also, I'm with Cox cable so if I cut my cable but keep there internet can I still watch live stream with just a internet service ?

maryloubusby

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2018
Looks like the Apple TV Fox News App now has both the live streams of Fox News and Fox Business live streaming tonight.

Before hand it was mostly on demand videos and certain live remote shots. Tonight is the first night I've seen full network live streaming just like the iOS app on iPhone and iPad.

We'll have to see if this stays after the election results tonight. Regardless of political opinions the quality of the live stream looks sharp and a solid feed.
[doublepost=1517508159][/doublepost]We replaced our old apple tvs with new apple tvs generation 4. The Fox News and Fox Business stutters and buffers. Cnn works just fine. Any suggestions?

Snoopy4

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2014
I was wondering also, I'm with Cox cable so if I cut my cable but keep there internet can I still watch live stream with just a internet service ?

No. They cut you off. Save a few bones and get something like Directv now.

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
What’s the benefit of streaming channels like Fox, AMC, NBC through Apple TV as opposed to just watching them on your cable provider set top box? I know it’s good for portability like being able to watch on your phone but are the feeds through Apple TV clearer? You also don’t have the convenience of channel surfing like you would watching through cable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.