Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starstreak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2004
I posted this in the iOS 14, but this could've happened when it was still iOS 13 also.

On my iphone, I tend to get a lot of emails. So I normally click the EDIT on the top right, SELECT ALL on the top left, then MARK on bottom left and click MARK AS READ. They added FLAG. So it tagged all my emails with a flag. I can't get it to select all and mark UNFLAG. How can I do this? I went to iCloud and opened the mail app. Selected a lot (like 20k) but it said 10k was the limit. I tried that, but iCloud crashes. I tried selecting just a few hundred and iCloud still crashes.

First it was that "MARK AS JUNK" and now FLAG. Apple should, at least for the portable devices gice a "undo" for any "all" commands. Or give a "as you sure you want to <blank>" and a "do you want to be asked this next time". So I can stop from accidentally touching the MOVE TO JUNK and FLAG options. BTW, that "move to junk" is BAD. If I grab everything in the junk folder and move it back to the inbox, it messed up gmail in marking those msgs as spam so now I randomly get good emails tossed into spam in gmail now. augh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.