Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Green Lantern

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
OK... I am a newbi to the iMac world, the last Apple I owned was an Apple IIC with a 5 1/4 floppy drive on it. I have done a lot of reading and understand what frame rates are, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how you are checking them. How on an iMac do you see what your frame rate is?

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
OK... I am a newbi to the iMac world, the last Apple I owned was an Apple IIC with a 5 1/4 floppy drive on it. I have done a lot of reading and understand what frame rates are, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how you are checking them. How on an iMac do you see what your frame rate is?

Framerates are typically measured while using intense apps like games. If you're playing a game, you can search Google for name of game and "fps display". Most often, it is done within the game's console, but it is sometimes an option in the game's general settings.

As for other apps, it's a similar process. What specifically are you running for wanting to get a framerate reading?

DopestGingah

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
If you're playing a game, you can search Google for name of game and "fps display". Most often, it is done within the game's console, but it is sometimes an option in the game's general settings.

How can I do this for the original Call of Duty and/or Halo (I'm on PPC)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.