Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Glen_UK

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
West Sussex, England
I have Lightroom 6 and primarily use it for cataloguing my photos and videos. I have only recently started making adjustments to them at a very basic level. I am wondering if there is a function within Lightroom 6 where I can add frames/borders to my photos?

Also, whilst on the subject, are there any free (or relatively inexpensive) apps for making very straightforward changes to photos – applying filters and effects, black and white, sepia tone etc? I’m not a pro user but do like to play around with my photos sometimes.

Thanks in advance.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
You can add a basic border through the print module. No frame overlays or anything though. For that’s you’d have to use photoshop.

Any “filter” you want you could do in the develop module. There are plenty of free presets out there. Not all will be compatible with LR 6 but shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Robotti

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2014
Also, whilst on the subject, are there any free (or relatively inexpensive) apps for making very straightforward changes to photos – applying filters and effects, black and white, sepia tone etc? I’m not a pro user but do like to play around with my photos sometimes.

Doing edits in Lightroom would be a good choice, since you are already using it for cataloguing your photos. But if you are looking for an alternative, you already have the Photos app in your Mac, for free.
https://support.apple.com/guide/photos/editing-basics-pht304c2ace6/4.0/mac/10.14

howard_s

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2019
Oxford, UK
In the Develop module of Lightroom you will find a number of Presets that enable you to do simple conversions to black and white, sepia, etc., or to make some basic colour adjustments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.