Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tweaknmod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
I thought it might be fun to imagine an Apple device (or even service) that takes a single feature from one Apple product and adds it to another.

Examples:
  • A Macbook Air with the screen of a MacBook Pro
  • AirPods Max with MagSafe
  • An Apple TV with a dedicated webcam for Facetime
I'd love to hear your ideas!

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I might put a non apple vendor safety case on my (if that is still mine?) macbook air M1.
but am very affraids……

Flowstates

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2023
A Macbook Pro without a webcam thusly allowing the deletion of the notch and the acquisition of some much needed Z space.

fanboy-ish

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2022
An iBook G3 "Clamshell" with modern components, RAM and memory prices in line with the current market, with the trackpad and keyboard of the 13" Air and TouchID, no notch, MagSafe, 2 USB-C, 1 USB-A, headphone jack with support for high impedance headphones.

Or even an iMac with the stand of the iMac G4.

The nostalgia effect will lead to mobs of people in their 40s assaulting Apple stores all over the world in order to buy one.

Reactions: Chuckeee

Iwavvns

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2023
I thought it might be fun to imagine an Apple device (or even service) that takes a single feature from one Apple product and adds it to another.

Examples:
  • A Macbook Air with the screen of a MacBook Pro
  • AirPods Max with MagSafe
  • An Apple TV with a dedicated webcam for Facetime
I'd love to hear your ideas!
Mind if I go in the opposite direction? I have owned iPhones since the iPhone 4s, and my current iPhone is an iPhone 13.

My dream device is a regular iPhone, not pro model, minus the cameras.
  • No camera bump
  • Reduced price
  • Reduced number of bugs due to smaller code base

It used to be that we purchased cell phones that could take pictures. In modern times no one sells cell phones anymore, they sell cameras that have the ability to communicate.. and marketing and unit cost has increased to reflect this. I watched Steve Jobs unveiled the first iPhone and I don't remember him talking much about the camera. It's not that I dislike cameras, rather it's that I have no use for a camera, and I wish Apple would sell their regular iPhone in a version that lacks the camera and it's associated software.

sgtaylor5

Contributor
Aug 6, 2017
Cheney, WA, USA
An iBook G3 "Clamshell" with modern components, RAM and memory prices in line with the current market, with the trackpad and keyboard of the 13" Air and TouchID, no notch, MagSafe, 2 USB-C, 1 USB-A, headphone jack with support for high impedance headphones.

Or even an iMac with the stand of the iMac G4.

The nostalgia effect will lead to mobs of people in their 40s assaulting Apple stores all over the world in order to buy one.
You mean this?

• Love
Reactions: fanboy-ish
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.