Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I signed up and tried to dial up the connection with bluetooth via my phone, but I didn't have the right modem script for it. I don't have a dial up modem to try the service. I hope they don't start calling me, because I gave them a real phone number. I thought maybe it was required for something...

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
I signed up and tried to dial up the connection with bluetooth via my phone, but I didn't have the right modem script for it. I don't have a dial up modem to try the service. I hope they don't start calling me, because I gave them a real phone number. I thought maybe it was required for something...
hmmm...
just thinking, could this work with just a cell and BT and still be toll free, or would i end up having outrageous overtime charges from cingular?

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
hmmm...
just thinking, could this work with just a cell and BT and still be toll free, or would i end up having outrageous overtime charges from cingular?

You'll have to contact Cingular to find out. And since our phone numbers don't seem to have anything to do with the registration process, I'm curious as to why they want them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.