Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Anyone know if these are the same loops already released months ago by Drums on Demand directly? I already downloaded those (they're good!) so I won't bother downloading again if it's the same set.

TIA!

powermac99

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2003
Hi there,
Nope! This is a completely different set. The original one from DOD was a 5 MB set while this one is 98MB.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Cool!

What's the license with these? The last free set I downloaded was a "demo" like Shareware: if you used it commercially or for anything other than iCompositions, you had to pay. But other sets I've downloaded in the past you could use at will just like GarageBand itself.

Problem is, you have to download before you can see the readme... and I'm on modem :)

powermac99

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2003
Here's the exact license as it appears in the readme file:

"A license is granted for use and performance of Drums On Demand audio loops in new or existing musical compositions -- commercial and otherwise. We would appreciate a credit in any liner notes: “Drums by Drums On Demand." Any use, distribution, or reproduction of these loops, or any part thereof, for any other purpose is expressly prohibited."

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Thanks. Can't talk. Downloading!

Try these too:
http://www.macjams.com/media/

~100 Mb of exclusive loops. I don't know what their license is on this latest batch, but the Fitch Cello (which is worth getting BTW) is freely usable I seem to recall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.