Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Megan Woodss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Hello! My name is Megan Woods.
As a representative of CleverFiles Team I want to introduce our new app - Duplicate File Finder & Remover (available on App Store for absolutely free).

Our professional duplicate cleaner for macOS makes the menial task of finding wasted storage space simple by locating duplicate files for you and giving you the option to automatically or manually delete the unwanted ones. Give it a try, it's free!

Here's what our free Duplicate File Finder & Remover can do:
* find duplicates on the whole drive, scan a single folder or multiple locations - fast and secure
* batch auto-select duplicates with one click
* let you choose how you want your duplicates removed
* preview your duplicates before tossing them away
* create symlinks for deleted duplicates to keep apps dependent on those files running
* keep configurable exclusion lists
* let you search duplicates

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them

screen800x500.jpeg

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
Duplicates found by checksums, by file names or by some other method?
Can we get into invisible file territory with the App?
What about all those normally protected folders?
---Later:
I see you can set it to opt out or in to folders, including dev, bin, usr, System and the like.
That's nice.
I pointed it at half a terabyte of books and unreconciled iTunes libraries (~130,000 files). It took maybe 25 minutes. That's fast. Looks like it must be some checksum variant, so there shouldn't be many misses.
I found over 1100 dups, which is about what I'd expect given the mess I currently have on that disk.
Some dups are easy to get rid of.
The iTunes duplicates, I'll have to think about a bit. Playing with that music file structure might cause pain.

Looks like a pretty good effort overall, especially if you don't stress test it, like I just did.
I think I'll point it at my boot drive next. That should be a lot simpler.

Last edited:

Megan Woodss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Reactions: Partron22
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.