Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VladShvets

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2017
Taipei
Mac App Store now has its most powerful free graphics design tool! Meet Vectr - freshly launched @ Mac Store.

Vectr is a free vector graphics software used to create graphics easily and intuitively. It's simple and cross-platform: start designing something on your Mac, and then continue working on the same project online.

• Precise and rock-solid vector graphics tools that work intuitively
• No learning curve
• AI, EPS, SVG, PNG, JPEG files import
• A unique shareable URL for every design

Download Vectr on Mac Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vectr/id1204645754

Reviews are much appreciated!

Would be happy to answer any of your questions, just ping me: vlad@vectr.com

@vectrlabs #madewithVectr

Reactions: nick-budden

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
I do use Illustrator, and I'll stick with it along with Affinity Designer. I read your app's privacy policy, and it turned me off and kept me from seriously considering your app even at the "free" price. I'll pass, good luck in the future.

VladShvets

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2017
Taipei
I do use Illustrator, and I'll stick with it along with Affinity Designer. I read your app's privacy policy, and it turned me off and kept me from seriously considering your app even at the "free" price. I'll pass, good luck in the future.

Hey! The privacy policy is really standard, and we need it since we're going to launch the marketplace of designs in a couple of months where users would be able to buy and sell designs. Don't worry, your designs belong and shall always belong only to you, and will never be used by anyone else.

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2015
Looks pretty..

Good luck with this launch and hopefully lots of great reviews!

GoJames4

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2017
Just testing it out right now...so far I like what I see. How long has this app been around? I'm surprised I had not seen it before.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Hey! The privacy policy is really standard, and we need it since we're going to launch the marketplace of designs in a couple of months where users would be able to buy and sell designs. Don't worry, your designs belong and shall always belong only to you, and will never be used by anyone else.
I disagree on the matter of the contract being fairly standard, and I intend to not dissuade anyone from using your software. I did qualify my position as being my opinion. FWIW, nowhere in your Privacy Policy do you (your company) mention a storefront/marketplace.

Also, the section that has every single paragraph starting with "We may share personal information"… contains some points that bother me, such as "We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets." I just don't see how your software benefits me in this regard, and that's why I posted a simple "thanks, but no thanks" - it looks to me like a sell-out position, and I don't want my personal information given away, which reads to me as inevitable. Yes, the previous "We may share personal information with your consent" point is present, but there's no position of mutual exclusivity between points - any one of them can be applied without regard to the other. There's too many opportunities IMO for my personal information to be given away - "shared", rather, tied to the MAS and your proposed marketplace isn't reflected in your 18-month-old Privacy Policy. There's no way I'd hand over my credit card number when your Policy doesn't reflect consumer protection measures here in the US…

Yes, I do write and review and approve legal contracts for a living - I read each privacy policy and TOS. Your Policy doesn't protect my personal information sufficiently. And, yes, I do wish you well as I offered earlier…

Reactions: Moonjumper and mrex
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.