Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shanesteven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2018
Hello guys from MacRumors

I have already released and published two of my new free Mac App:
Heic Converter and WebP Converter

screenshot1.png

webp-converter-mac.webp

You can use Heic Converter to batch transform heic photos to jpg/png. More importantly, you can keep the full EXIF information you need after the conversion.

You can use WebP Converter(AnyWebp) to jpg and png and convert the jpg/png to WebP for better optimization and compression.

The two Mac apps are free to use and here are the URLs. 100% offline and no data uploaded.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/heic-converter-fast-offline/id1579838327
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1527716894

Leave your review and recommendations so I can keep it up.

Wish all the best!

Reactions: bogdanw

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
I've tested Webp Converter, it's a great, useful little app, but I have one observation: it overwrites files without any notification. Maybe add an option to rename the saved file or at least a prompt to notify the user that a file with the same name exists in the folder.

shanesteven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2018
I've tested Webp Converter, it's a great, useful little app, but I have one observation: it overwrites files without any notification. Maybe add an option to rename the saved file or at least a prompt to notify the user that a file with the same name exists in the folder.
Thank you so much for using the webp converter. I have recorded your suggestion and will update it in the future.

shanesteven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2018
Now the problem has been fixed and it will rename itself if there is a file with the same name. Good day!

Reactions: EugW and bogdanw
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.