Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Free iPhone Non-Pro/Plus or pay for a Pro/Pro Max

• Free iPhone Non-Pro/Plus

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Pay for an iPhone Pro/Pro Max

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Just curious.

Discovered I only have access to a free 15/Plus after thinking the Pro models were options.

Being past the release hype period (& thinking I’d own my first Pro iPhone at that stage), I’m finding not too let down & not even considering purchasing a Pro model instead.

A free non-Pro/Plus model over a paying for Pro/Pro Max is something I’d sign up for life.

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
Well let’s say it is, for this exercise.
If it is genuinely 100% free as in a gift, or with no cost whatsoever to you then it's a no brainer, get the free option if it does everything you need. If it's a "free" phone from your carrier - then it isn't free was my point, however that may not be your situation.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
If it is genuinely 100% free as in a gift, or with no cost whatsoever to you then it's a no brainer, get the free option if it does everything you need. If it's a "free" phone from your carrier - then it isn't free was my point, however that may not be your situation.
How is it free? Please explain!
From employer. But that's not the point...It's just what triggered the question.

Just curious on the hypothetical if people were offered a free low tier v paying for top tier iPhone.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
The phone from the employer might be restricted and control what apps you can download. If it is also tied to their server, they can pretty well see what you are doing.

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
I'd always want to own my own phone if its going to store so much personal information on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.