Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
hob said:
Agreed. Most TV's - and I dare say even HDTV's aren't designed for tasks like web browsing. I can't read small text off my tv screen with my pb hooked up, can you?

Hob

Before I sold it, I had an extra G4 tower hooked to my TV. I created a different login called "TV". I maxed the OS font size (16 pt), enlarged the icons, removed un-necessary stuff from the dock and enlarged the default type size in my browser. I also adjusted the display calibration so it looked nicer on the TV (A MUST DO!). Change the color Display Profile to NTSC (PAL if you live in europe). It wasn't perfect but it was definitly better than the default configuration. YOu might also want to adjust options for each game on your TV account to use the lowest screen resolution configuration available so it's easy to read the menus and displayed type.

markoibook

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2004
Reading, UK.
I've only been using this software for the past week, but it is absolutley brill. Just can't wait to get a Mac mini now, and then hook it up to the TV for parties!

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
Apple iTunes DEV Team, and Steve Jobs listen up, buy this plugin and implement it into iTunes 5.0 :)

I love this plugin. :)

Now if this effect can be placed in the smaller CD Cover window on the main iTunes window and also a Bezel Option, this is 100% there. :)

Come on iTunes 5.0 :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.