Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dansgil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Vancouver, BC
After I registered my MBP, I got a message saying that Apple was offering me a choice of some free Apple magazines.

Apple offered either 6 free issues of Macworld, 3 free of MacAddict, or 3 free of MacHome. Is this normal? I've never seen this when registering any other Apple product. BTW, I chose the MacAddict. I already have a subscription to Macworld. :D

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Interesting. How did you register? Via the Setup Assistant or on Apple's site, or elsewhere? I registered my US-purchased MBP through the Assistant last week and didn't get anything (but I see you're in Canada).

dansgil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Well, when I got my MBP, I completed the setup assistant, which I thought registers the product. I wasn't sure if the MBP was actually registered, so i went to register.apple.com and upon completion of that, I got the offer.

MacSyn

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2006
Wow, you are lucky! You have different choices. I have only Mac World.

GnrlyMrly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I also got the offer for 6 free issues of MacWorld. I registered via the set-up assistant at about 2pm, but didn't recieve the e-mail until around 11pm.

teckman

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2006
Should I have received an email confirming the registration? I haven't received one yet.

It is probably likely you have an email sent to you of the confirmed registration. I haven't registered my iMac nor ipod mini. It's probably never too late but I would like to add 6 more issues of my digital Macworld mag subscription if I did. A little nitpicking, if Apple could convert the free issues to my digital subscription I just say AWESOME twice on their behalf and Macworld. Macworld is the only Mac mag with a digital subscription service that I know and much cheaper than paper subscription at $19 something. I have a hunch Mac Home is where all the ladies go and old folks wind down their days.
Now if MacAddict [mag is changing to Mac|Life soon] goes digital I'm going all mobile. Nice new name and I could almost imagine Mac Home losing subscribers to them.

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2006
Is MacWorld magazine that much better then MacAddict? I mean with MacAddict you get free CD with every issue. I notice most Mac magazine are the same stuff. They tend to like to talk about Mac Pro, iMac and iPod a lot repeatedly follow by ads.

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
I chose MacAddict too when I first bought my Mac. Now I subscribe to it.

Why does everything free always leads to dishing out the dough? :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.