Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manosaurus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
I am a contemporary classical music composer and I am wondering if anyone knows of any programs for manipulating sound? I don't mean like gargageband or audacity. I don't want to record guitars or voice or anything and I am not looking to write electronica or beats or anything. I am looking for a program where one can manipulate several base frequencies into more complex waves by using effects, filters and automation. I used audiomulch (the perfect program for this stuff) for Windows but it is not available for OS X yet.

manosaurus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
Thanks!

All of those programs look like options. Max and Cecilia look like nice. I'll have time to try them out tonight. Have you guys used them a lot? Do you have any compositions that you have written with the programs that I could listen to?

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
i've not used any of them. the last time i "composed" something was, errr, nearly 20 years ago, and i used MOTU's Composer.

messing around with Max is something i've been telling myself i'll do in my spare time for over 10 years now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.