Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alggomas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
Just switched to iOS with iPhone 8 Plus.
Using android I had a kit phone recorder and paid very little or the license.
I cannot find a free or very cheap phone recorder, or one which does not involve ringing numbers.
Can anyone suggest one please?

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Just switched to iOS with iPhone 8 Plus.
Using android I had a kit phone recorder and paid very little or the license.
I cannot find a free or very cheap phone recorder, or one which does not involve ringing numbers.
Can anyone suggest one please?
Hmmm, why do you want to record phone calls?

isn’t it against the law?

alggomas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
Answered by another contributor.
I switched from Samsung 8+ to iphone.

orev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2015
Apple does not allow apps to record phone calls. There is no solution other than to route the calls through a third party service.

alggomas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
iPhone has several apps that record both sides of the conversation but cost £36+

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
iPhone has several apps that record both sides of the conversation but cost £36+
Those require to call a service first and then conference in the caller. I have not found an app that records locally on the phone. Apple restricts this probably due to privacy concerns.

alggomas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
Thanks for all replies.
Android has several free or nearly free recorders. Jit being one of them.
I think this is a money making scam as several of the iPhone ones do offer recording local recording of your phone calls but you have to pay heavily.

Reactions: lugworm

svanstrom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2002
??
I think this is a money making scam as several of the iPhone ones do offer recording local recording of your phone calls but you have to pay heavily.
Well, you think wrong.

There's no way for an app to on-device record a regular phone call, because Apple doesn't allow that functionality.

That means that for an app to still be able to conveniently provide that functionality it must rely on a more expensive solution; like the call actually being a conference call, so that there's an extra line used from which the call can be recorded.

Extra resources needed to develop and support such solutions will always be passed on to the customers; and when there's not a big market, the expenses passed on will hit each customer more.

alggomas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
Ok. I agree for apple but my samsung records all in and out calls on my samsung .

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Thanks for all replies.
Android has several free or nearly free recorders. Jit being one of them.
Samsung phones, at least the recent ones, have it built in, no additional apps needed.
But why is it a scam? Why does a developer making an app for money a scam?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Ok. I agree for apple but my samsung records all in and out calls on my samsung .
Different manufacturers and different products (even beyond mobile phones) provide and support different features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.