Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I think between my wife and I this will be the perfect amount of data on each iPad. I don't often have a use for data now that my office and her salon have wifi available, but it is nice to have just in case we need it.

Thanks again OP, I have been waiting for these to drop to free again. :)

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
Is it possible to keep both sims active and switch back and forth between them to get 400 mb data per month? 200 mb is probably more than enough for me... just curious.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
does cellular ipad not come with sim card when purchased from apple?
If you get the T-Mobile version, yes, it does come with the SIM card. I reckon a number of folks here are opting for Verizon or Sprint iPads for easy fallback to either network.

ntnwwnet

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2006
Mobile Internet SIM ONLY KIT - Nano SIM

We anticipate this device will be available on 11/14/13

Backordered now, but was still able to order 2 for free.

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
Thanks OP for the tip (was just considering ordering 2 at $10 each)! And also thanks to the previous poster for the video on activation! Looking forward to getting set up!

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
This worked great! Two iPads (VZ iPad minis) up and running with free T-mobile service. I noticed the plan even allows me to turn on mobile hotspot! Not that I'd do that much, but nice if I'm in a pinch for internet sometime. The free SIM promotion seems to have gone away. Promo coded "GETASIM" will get you the phone SIMs/Activation Kits for 99cents now, but doesn't work on the internet only SIMs. Does anyone know if the SIMs themselves are different, or do the phone ones just include the extra activation code? If it's the latter, they should then work for this too, shouldn't they?

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
The free SIM promotion seems to have gone away.

Yes, the free and 99cent deals come and go.

Promo coded "GETASIM" will get you the phone SIMs/Activation Kits for 99cents now, but doesn't work on the internet only SIMs. Does anyone know if the SIMs themselves are different, or do the phone ones just include the extra activation code?

Phone activation kit SIMs should work fine. I'd ordered a couple kits even before all this (to test out T-Mobile service on my phone) and used one in my ipad3. Works fine. Just ignore all the activation stuff in the kit.

micrors4racer

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
Any new codes to get a free SIM card? Just got a verizon mini and my apple store was out of t-mobile cards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.