Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
So, I can buy any iPad Air... say the Sprint or Verizon versions... and pop this free SIM card in it and I will immediately start getting the 200mb/month free data, right?

No difference between doing this and actually buying the T-Mobile Air? Th reason I ask is the T-Mobile versions are apparently selling faster (or they have fewer), so they ship in "5-10 days" instead of "within 24 hours" like some of the others.

Thanks.

I bet part of the reason is because people think they have to get the T-Mo version in order to get the free 200MB data. It would be more convenient since it already comes with a T-Mo sim card.

csunflip

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
So I can show up to T-Mobile store and should get SIM for free...not questions asked and nothing monthly.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
I bet part of the reason is because people think they have to get the T-Mo version in order to get the free 200MB data. It would be more convenient since it already comes with a T-Mo sim card.

So what I said above is correct? It makes no difference at all what version I get as long as I have a T-Mobile SIM?

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I bought my Mini at MicroCenter last June and have the 200MB free.

----------

It would be cool to get 3 sims - to use up to 600mb a month for free. .
Likely more hassle than it's worth, but for a baller on a budget it might just be a viable option.

I have two sims activated and have 200MB free on each. Nothing wrong with doing that.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
hmm, I guess I got in just in time, ordered 2 last night free.
I can understand maybe charging for a SIM with free service option, but Tmo tried to charge me for a SIM when I was buying a phone plan. I said I wouldn't pay for a SIM and they backed down.
probably cheaper to find on ebay now than $10.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
So what I said above is correct? It makes no difference at all what version I get as long as I have a T-Mobile SIM?

I have a Verizon iPad Air currently connected to a free 200MB T-Mobile account. Swapped the SIM and was good to go. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.