Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quarq

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
Hi

Current Mile or KM pace is broken. For me it jumps all over. One second it's showing 40'02" next 9'40" then 34'43" and it never settles, just jumps more. Actually, for the first part of today's run it just showed -- -- until I paused, changed the field to something else and then went back to average pace per km or mile.. But after that, it wasn't calculating correctly at all.

Next, the cadence you display at the end, in m/n I assume this is steps per minute ? If so, YouRace states I did an average of 126 /mn but if I look at HealthKit or Apple's Activity, it reads 176 spm.. So maybe /mn is a metric I am not aware of ?

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
Maybe you have a problem of calibration. Cadence should be similar between HealthKit and raw Pedometer (end of workout).
For you current km pace, I have seen another user having the same issue. I have never been able to reproduce it and for him it was also probably a problem of sensor calibration.
Be careful, the current km or mile pace is not a rolling pace, it's reseted every km or mile. So it could be inaccurate at the beginning of the "new" kilometer when the distance is too small.

To improve calibration, use apple guidelines:

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
A new release is coming with new features:
- Display elevation profile chart in your metrics while running. Useful for trail sessions.
Replace one metric by "Elevation profile".
Elevation profile is also available in routes browser.
- Display negative elevation.
Setup your display layout to select this metric in place of another one.
- Performance improvements.

Bug fix:
- Trail screen layout was not saved.

Here are some screenshot of the new elevation profile chart in 2 different situations:

Simulator Screenshot - Apple Watch Series 9 (45mm) - 2024-04-09 at 09.43.23.png

Simulator Screenshot - iPhone 15 Pro - 2024-04-09 at 09.36.50.png

WesFromParis

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2023
Hi, I just installed the app on my watch and I’m about to give it a first try. I was wondering if it was possible to hear the audio cues while listening to music on my iPhone like with WOD? Also, what kind of information do you get in the cues (pace, distance…). Thanks.

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
What do you mean with "audio cues"
You can get audio feedback every mile or km with current distance and pace from the last segment.
When using a plan, you get an audio feedback at each interval for example: work for 5 minutes or rest for 1000m.
No audio feedback for pace/distance (for now) on manual or plan segments.

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
Some news ...
I have just releases version 4.2.3 on the App Store with 2 main focuses:
- rolling pace/speed
- important bug fix for exports (heart rate)

All the changes:

New features and improvements:
- New metric: rolling pace or speed. Display the speed or pace of the rolling current km or mile.
- improve metrics (speed/pace) display accuracy.
- improve altimeter accuracy on Series 6 and later.

Bug fixes:
- fix for heart rate not exported to FIT/TCX files and Strava.
- fix for route import with some GPX files.

Reactions: Lab34 and Danny1972

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
Release 4.2.4 is available with these changes :

New feature:
- new setting to use legacy segments for faster ending workout. By enabling this, your segments won't be visible in Apple Fitness app. Useful for interval training with a lot of segments.

Bug fixes:
- fix crash at iPhone app startup
- improved altimetric profile scale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.