Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Hi, I have been working as a iOS developer for some time and now I would like to start freelancing online. The biggest obstacle I'm facing is how to provide backends for the projects I'm going to handle and I have no knowledge about how this is being done in the industry. (I have been reading about Parse backend providers, but still my knowledge is very limited on how to handle backend during the testing and at the delivery of the project)

The second issue I will be facing is to get the graphic work done, but I could somehow manage this.

I'm planning to start bidding on elance.com.

Any tips suggestions or comments related to handle the projects and finding work would be highly appreciated.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
There are entire companies and industries, such as parse, stackmob and node.js/mongodb/etc. providers that will do back-end as a service. Or hire a consultant. Or learn how with a bunch of your own projects first.

For app graphics, attend art shows and the like, find and hire a real artist you can work with on an ongoing basis.

Apps under your own name in the App store are your calling cards and the most important of your references. Make sure they look great and work well.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Thank you for the reply. I think I should learn backend development a bit and then to decide which backend solution to use. I have a good understanding about databases and I know a little bit of php too. If anyone would recommend any tutorials, articles that would be much appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.