Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2020
I'm getting sick of Apple TV+ freezing up while watching shows. It happens a LOT. On two different Macs. I'll be watching a show when the screen will freeze but the dialogue continue. I have to exit out of the show and start it up again. The show will resume back where I first started it for that day. Everything I had watched up to that point that day still to come, so I have to manually find moment where the freeze occurred.

This happened on an older MacBook Air which has now been replaced by a newer M2 MacBook Air. No difference, the freezing continues all the same.

Apple, fix your damn app!

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I'm getting sick of Apple TV+ freezing up while watching shows. It happens a LOT. On two different Macs. I'll be watching a show when the screen will freeze but the dialogue continue. I have to exit out of the show and start it up again. The show will resume back where I first started it for that day. Everything I had watched up to that point that day still to come, so I have to manually find moment where the freeze occurred.
I use the AppleTV+ app on my M1 MBA often and haven't experienced this freezing issue. Do you have a large number of apps open at the same time? What does the Activity Monitor show when the freezing occurs?

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2020
I use the AppleTV+ app on my M1 MBA often and haven't experienced this freezing issue. Do you have a large number of apps open at the same time? What does the Activity Monitor show when the freezing occurs?

Didnt check the activity monitor, as i'm in the middle of watching sometihng when it happens. I have 24 gigs of RAM so never see any swaps at all. Plenty of memory is available.

• Wow
Reactions: 0128672
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.