Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efp1

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2008
UK
Finally! I've just tried it for the first time and it's working well! I've been dying for skype (text chat) ever since the app store came out. Use skype for work :)

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

can't see it on uk store on my iPhone yet. :-(

sbandol

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
Bug!!!

Very BIG bug in FRING,

It will not accept mail adress like name.lastname@gmail.com , i mean that it will not accept the dot ".".
Very annoying for those who have this kind of mail.
Skype voice is good but with a delay.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
Fring was the first IM client for the iPhone which was less than 1 MB (MobileChat was 3 MB and Apollo was like 4).

Now it's the only one above 1.5 MB (1.6 if you count WM).

bypass

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2008
international calls with VoIP

Does that mean the phone could be used for free international calls when using VoIP through Fring? :confused:

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
funny... the screenshot shows the fring call working while 3G is active. ;)

I was actually thinking about buying an ipod touch, will fring work on it?

should work with the new iPod Touch and a Mic.

arn

jcrawford

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2007
Wait so you mean to tell me it is against TOS to tether your laptop to your iPhone but it is not against TOS to provide other ways to use the phone for voice calls? If this stays in place I see AT&T complaining about this....

specialbuddy

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
I just bought a blackberry yesterday because I figured this would never make the app store. This was the only app I was excited about because I use skype but hate being tied to my computer.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Wait so you mean to tell me it is against TOS to tether your laptop to your iPhone but it is not against TOS to provide other ways to use the phone for voice calls? If this stays in place I see AT&T complaining about this....

Steve Jobs said VoIP over Wifi was ok when the SDK first launched.

arn

jcrawford

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2007
Steve Jobs said VoIP over Wifi was ok when the SDK first launched.

arn

GOOD DEAL, I might just go buy the iphone. I wonder if it will work if i do not tie it to an AT&T account.

I could care less about the wireless plan I just want the phone without a contract and be able to do VOIP :)

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois

What arn said. Don't forget. SMS texting is unlimited through the IM applications.

This is about the same.

CADer

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2007
Hey is there a way to test out the voice quality without having to buy like VoIP Minuets? I am a total Noob to VoIP but would like to know?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.