Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjosee

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Does Anyone Know When Fring Will Come To The App Store?

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
I really doubt if its coming to the App Store. If anyone knows how to get it via Cydia please post here or contact me.

MacBuddySupport

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2007
PM me a link or post it here ASAP

PM Me or post it her As Soon As it Come Out..... I hope it is free:(

mattpreston11

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2007
i dont care, il pay for it if it isnt free.

its always been free upto now though so i dont see it changing here tbh.

kevin512

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

edka said:
WOHOOOOO it will be available in the app store within few hours they received their approval notice from apple

http://www.fring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17185&postcount=105 :D sweeet now i have skype on my iphone loool

Am I seeing things or is that post from yesterday? If so, It's been more than a few hours.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Am I seeing things or is that post from yesterday? If so, It's been more than a few hours.

Alas… nothing so far…
Hope it is not a false alarm.
:eek:

cjosee

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Well if the post is from yesterday, why the app is not in the store yet. Can anyone ask to the Fring people when, or what is the status on it. We the consumer want to known. Please plaese.

gzambran

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2007
How is this app going to handle incoming cell calls? Won't this interrupt a wifi call that is in progress?

mattpreston11

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2007
Well if the post is from yesterday, why the app is not in the store yet. Can anyone ask to the Fring people when, or what is the status on it. We the consumer want to known. Please plaese.

admins on fring forums dont seem to be replying, indicating they dont know anymore than us.

gzambran

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2007
No, I meant they put the Wi-Fi call on hold when you receive a real call.

Unless you rather they drop the Wi-Fi call when receiving a real call.

Even if they do put the call on hold how will the caller on the wifi end be notified.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
Even if they do put the call on hold how will the caller on the wifi end be notified.

I don't know how Wi-Fi calls work, but can they play a standard recording when it happens? Something like "the other person has received a call which has placed this call on hold".

cjosee

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
(( Omri - fring Support Team )) say Yesterday at 7:32PM that fring will be in the App Store in a few hours. Now a DAY after nothing appear, and we want to know what happen. What is going on with the app. What is the status of it. We want a response.

The same with iCall. They say that the app is coming and coming but not app at all. This developer should give us a status on the app too.

efp1

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2008
UK

Well, seems like a Fring admin has posted an update their forum:

fring Support
Administrator Join Date: Jul 2006

Hi,

The application was approved. We're waiting for Apple to upload it to App Store.
But, it seems that this is taking more then we thought.
We thought it would be a few hours... but it's not.
So we're doing our best here to understand what's going on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.