Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Hello,

I have an iPhone 12 Pro and was thinking about doing an upgrade to the 13 Pro Max.. would that be a good move or at this point should I’ll wait for the 14 to come out?

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Wait!!!

Not like your iPhone 12 is on its last legs.

Not long to go now ?

1646873622302.jpeg

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
It all depends but only you can decide. But it's not really a significant upgrade from 12 Pro to 13 Pro max, other than going to a bigger phone.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
You also need to post the original, 3G, 3GS, and 4. Those were definitely released before September.
After that apple started their iPhone launch in Set/Oct, apart from the iPhone SE.

We’ll never go back to iPhones being released at the start of the year.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Of course they won't but you may never know. LOL
Look, I wouldn’t mind watching 2 iPhone events every year lol.

Haven’t missed a apple event since the iPhone 4 event, watch every event live, I know, I need help. ?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011

Haven’t missed a apple event since the iPhone 4 event, watch every event live, I know, I need help. ?
LOL I don't watch the event as it's always during my work hours. oh well. Work is more important for me. Maybe one day...Just one day...:)

Reactions: LFC2020

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015

The first Apple event I ever remember watching was the launch of the original Sawtooth G4 PowerMac. When we all learned what a "gigaflop" was! I haven't watched ALL of them since, but most. It will never get any better than the original iPhone intro.

I don't think we've ever seen anyone as natural at product reveals than Steve Jobs. Even his contemporaries at Apple like Phil Schiller sounded hammy in comparison. And they all now sound like they are reading off scripts. I like Craig Federighi (sp?) but he still seems a little too polished. Jobs had it all down. His dress code was presentable but far from overly polished, his delivery somehow felt more sincere than the others'. He was there to show you how cool he thought the products were, and he was better at selling that than anyone. That's probably not fair, Phil Schiller was, I'm sure, just as sincerely excited, but his delivery still felt a little "acted" in a way that Jobs' wasn't. The closest to him might have been Scott Forestall. In this area, Tim Cook is not in the same ballpark, not even close.

Apple events have always been fun viewing. But when Steve Jobs was around, they were MUST-SEE viewing!

EDITED TO ADD: I know it is fashionable among some--not so much here at MacRumors--to diss on Tim Cook, and to trot out the absolutely inane "this [perceived bad product] would not have happened under Steve Jobs". I'm no judge, really, of their skills as CEO. But in this respect, at least, Steve Jobs was (and is) without peer.

Last edited:
Reactions: LFC2020
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.