Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GalaDaliGirl

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
Hi -

I bought a XS but realized that I'd rather just go back to my 6 for the cost at this time is too much with sudden medical issue. My carrier: Verizon.

What is the ideal way to go back to the 6? I'm restoring an iTunes backup now to it now.

Backing up the XS as well just in case.

Tips would be appreciated! Do I do a disable find-my-iPhone? Just a sim swap? Anyone have a quick step by step?

Or is it just really simple sim swap and I worry to much (typical chica).

Thanks

PS----I'm going to miss the XS but I can't keep it after all. Sucks!

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
Do an iTunes restore if possible.

I am not sure if both phones need to be on the same OS version, but it doesn't hurt to make sure they are but updated before backing up and restoring. Just make sure you do a local backup to iTunes. Pug in your XS and make sure its doing a local backup and not an iCloud backup. No need to encrypt it. once done you can start restoring the 6. When prompted (after doing a rest ) Plug the old (6) in and restore from the local backup you just made when prompted.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Put SIM card from XS into the 6. This can be done at any point during this process, doesn’t matter.

Backup XS to iCloud or iTunes.

Make sure 6 is updated to iOS 12.

Erase all content and settings on the 6, then set up using restore from backup.

Erase all content and settings from the XS. Return to store.

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
Now they're both suspiciously suspended from the forum at the same time. I think our intuition was correct. :)

The OP of this thread had previously listed a Facebook page in their profile that lead back to someone who was not female. They had also been very critical of FaceID over the last year. Try and count how many times OP called it FailID!

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
The OP of this thread had previously listed a Facebook page in their profile that lead back to someone who was not female. They had also been very critical of FaceID over the last year. Try and count how many times OP called it FailID!
"Typical chica" :rolleyes::p

Well good on you for taking the time to post thoughtful instructions, it will probably help some random Googlers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.