Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beloved84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
when i install WC3 only it works, but when i install frozen throne the game wont start. The little icon on the dashboard switches from frozen throne to wc3 then back to frozen throne and then disappear. Have any idea how to fix this?

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
when i install WC3 only it works, but when i install frozen throne the game wont start. The little icon on the dashboard switches from frozen throne to wc3 then back to frozen throne and then disappear. Have any idea how to fix this?

everything is patched up?

GoinBerZerKeLey

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2007
Same problem

Just switched to Mac from PC. Going to college soon and I want to play dota, please help. I have the same problem... :confused:

No idea how to get (the right) patch, keep downloading patches that are useless to me because I don't know what to do or how to install them...

GoinBerZerKeLey

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2007
I'll answer my own question... but there's more!

Just switched to Mac from PC. Going to college soon and I want to play dota, please help. I have the same problem... :confused:

No idea how to get (the right) patch, keep downloading patches that are useless to me because I don't know what to do or how to install them...

Installed Reign of Chaos then installed Frozen Throne into a new folder. Game played but battle net is acting like a bitch "Invalid patch" ?! Argh, it automatically downloaded v1.21 but it doesn't recognize that it did.

:confused:

nutman

macrumors regular
May 19, 2006
You need to install both roc and ft before patching the game. the ub patch changes the way the files are organized.

Tanner24

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2007

Ya i am having the same problem, i know its not a problem with graphics or anything because my comp plays WoW well. I have tried deleting divx, and changed the movie file too moovies, i heard that thatwould fix it but it didnt, and help would be really nice.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2006
Same problem here... I installed WC3 Reign of Chaos, that worked fine, moved on to TFT, DIDNT finish the battle net download, mabye thats my problem. Anyways, I dont play, quit the game.

Insert TFT disc, and it says i need to install it again.

Help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.