Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rockies

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
I am currently on 11.2.1 and find in very laggy. Already had to restart my Phone once today because of some weird white rectangular box that would not go away. Also, having to do more than 1 swipe (sometimes 3 or 4) just to get to home screen. I am giving it until the next update to see if performance improves, otherwise taking it back for the IPhone 8. Any others have laggy experiences and having to do multiple swipes just to get to home screen.

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Yep mine can be laggy too. It’s better on 11.2.1 tbh but not perfect , lag when unlocking some folder stutter . It’s ios 11 it’s a bag of **** hopefully will get better. The multiple swipe thing is strange though I haven’t had this so like others have said perhaps do a restore

Reactions: Statusnone88

Mockenrue

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2013
The first iPhone X I picked up in the Apple store was also quite laggy - made for a very poor first impression. The second was better - more like a normal iPhone - but not quite the magical experience that I'd heard about from reviewers and early owners.

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
The first iPhone X I picked up in the Apple store was also quite laggy - made for a very poor first impression. The second was better - more like a normal iPhone - but not quite the magical experience that I'd heard about from reviewers and early owners.
Did you set it up as new, or restore from a backup?

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Perform a restore. Something is not right. The iPhone X is smooth as butter and arguably the fastest iPhone yet (along with the 8 I guess)

TBH, in a one on one comparison with my iPhone 7+, the X is just a t i n y bit slower opening some items.

Mockenrue

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2013
Did you set it up as new, or restore from a backup?

I don't own an iPhone X. I was only talking about display models in an Apple Store. The first one that I picked up to play with had quite a bit of lag, even with the most basic gestures. The one right next to it was normal, but I didn't have the wow moment that some do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.