Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m3r0v1ng1an

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
After Safari crashes and I connect my iPod Touch, iJailbreak gives me this applescript error message:

mv: rename /Applications/iJailBreak/resources/iphuc/iphonefs/rdisk0s1 to /Applications/iJailBreak/resources/iphuc/iphonefs/rdisk0s1.dmg: No such file or directory (1)

The entire iJailbreak folder is in my Apps folder. And yes, I have tried deleting and re-downloading the app several times. Each time, the iphonefs folder is empty - which is why (I presume) I am getting this applescript error.

Anyone have an idea? Thanks!

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
Try using WinSCP or PuTTY or a similar program. Access the iPod using the IP Address, log in name root and password alpine. Go to that file and type in .dmg at the end, that sounds like that's all that needs to be done. If you are running windows, make sure you click off "Hide extensions for known file types" on Tools ~> Folder Options (from any folder).

m3r0v1ng1an

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
To clarify the situation, I am running an Intel Mac with the latest version of Tiger.

AriX

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2007
Try using WinSCP or PuTTY or a similar program. Access the iPod using the IP Address, log in name root and password alpine. Go to that file and type in .dmg at the end, that sounds like that's all that needs to be done. If you are running windows, make sure you click off "Hide extensions for known file types" on Tools ~> Folder Options (from any folder).

Umm... This is an error on his computer, not his touch. SCP/SFTP has not been installed yet.

@m3r0v1ng1an - Is this error happening immediately after, or does it take several minutes? Are you sure that Safari is crashing correctly when you go to jailbreak.toc2rta.com on your touch?

m3r0v1ng1an

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
@m3r0v1ng1an - Is this error happening immediately after, or does it take several minutes? Are you sure that Safari is crashing correctly when you go to jailbreak.toc2rta.com on your touch?

I connect the iPod after Safari crashes and the menu screen reappears on the iPod. The error happens immediately after I connect the iPod. Literally, within seconds.

Several other people have posted they are having the same problem but nobody responded to them so I started this new thread.

BTW AriX, I am honored to have you on the case. Your help is greatly appreciated.

m3r0v1ng1an

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Yeah, I tried the new version and got a similar error:

mv: rename rdisk0s1 to rdisk0s1.dmg: No such file or directory (1)

I wish I knew what the problem was.

Chris F

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2007
Looks like iPHUC is not successfully retreiving the firmware.

Go here:

http://www.touchdev.net/wiki/Jailbreak_Guide

and give it a shot manually. The step that is failing is very early in the process.

Are you on a PPC machine? I think the version of iPHUC bundled in iJailbreak is Intel only (havent beein paying attention, apologies if it incluedes both now) so you may need to download the PPC version linked on the above page and toss it into the iJailbreak app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.