Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Well it has 16mb or RAM and an ATI 4mb VRAM Video In/Out S-video card in it. I think the HD is around 6Gb. Is this even worth selling?

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
Maybe if you put it on eBay with a starting bid of a dollar. :confused: Let the money rake in from there, if there's any to rake in.

However, I think most of the people in this forum will tell you to donate it, and I can agree.

...That is if you really don't have a use for the Mac. There's always things like creating an MP3 jukebox, file server, upgrade it and make a nice MAME cabinet or emulation box (that video card makes it pretty useful for this), etc. Just some of the things I plan on doing with old Macs in the future :)

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Yeah, I'd figure that respone. As for the jukebox option, my Beige G3 is awaiting its wirelss card, and then it will become such an item. I'm actually a little excited to get that thing going again. Its running 10.3.9 very well.

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
My 7500 gets tons of use daily... but then again, it is perfectly outfitted for the needs I have for it.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
U could just save it for a backup mac. Or if U wanted to sell it, add some more ram first :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.