Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

symonsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
I can't find an app for Fubo TV. I can stream it through Safari, but the quality is mediocre. The release notes from Apple said that there would be a Fubo TV app, but there doesn't even seem to be an iPad version available. Anyone else find it?

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I can't find an app for Fubo TV. I can stream it through Safari, but the quality is mediocre. The release notes from Apple said that there would be a Fubo TV app, but there doesn't even seem to be an iPad version available. Anyone else find it?
The iPad version is there, been available since launch.

symonsl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
The iPad version is there, been available since launch.
I can’t see it anywhere. I’ve searched for ”Fubo”, “Fubo TV” and “FuboTV”. What search term do you use to find it? Also, since my original post, I reached out to their support and they said they don’t support AVP

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 1.00.50 AM.png

I can’t see it anywhere. I’ve searched for ”Fubo”, “Fubo TV” and “FuboTV”. What search term do you use to find it? Also, since my original post, I reached out to their support and they said they don’t support AVP
Certainly possible they didn't like how it was performing and took it down from AVP. Hopefully this means they are working on a native app or better integration, but I can still use it.

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
Wow. I downloaded it right when I got the AVP, but you’re correct. It is not in the App Store anymore.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I was going nuts initially looking for Fubo as well, having head some reviewers using the iPad version of it. Can't believe they pulled it.

The one that really bugs me now is F1TV. They don't have the iPad / compatible app in the store, and when you try to use the website they put up an error saying to view on a mobile device to please use the app instead, directing you to the App Store....

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
Same goes for the AT&T DirecTV Stream app. Have to watch through Safari. I was pretty upset that they unchecked the iPad app version.

Agreed on DirecTV Stream. We don’t have traditional cable anymore having dumped it for DirecTV Stream and use all Apple TV’s with the app in our home plus we have it on our iPhone and iPads if we want to watch anything from those devices. I would’ve loved it if they’d just left the iPad version available especially if there were no major issues with it and it just wasn’t optimized for the device but I didn’t expect it to be there and have used Safari the few times I’ve wanted to stream TV shows on the device.

When I’m watching TV it’s generally with my wife and it’s more of a social thing we engage in but I do watch sports on TV by myself frequently since my wife is really only into hockey and finally the NFL after our local team did well this last season so it would be nice to be able to stream local professional and college sports teams on the device in an app versus having to use Safari.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Agreed on DirecTV Stream. We don’t have traditional cable anymore having dumped it for DirecTV Stream and use all Apple TV’s with the app in our home plus we have it on our iPhone and iPads if we want to watch anything from those devices. I would’ve loved it if they’d just left the iPad version available especially if there were no major issues with it and it just wasn’t optimized for the device but I didn’t expect it to be there and have used Safari the few times I’ve wanted to stream TV shows on the device.

When I’m watching TV it’s generally with my wife and it’s more of a social thing we engage in but I do watch sports on TV by myself frequently since my wife is really only into hockey and finally the NFL after our local team did well this last season so it would be nice to be able to stream local professional and college sports teams on the device in an app versus having to use Safari.
Same here. Ditched Verizon FiOS cable in favor of all AppleTVs with DirecTV Stream. It’s installed on every device in the house except for the Vision Pro now. After I heard that the company has to actively remove their iPad app from the AVP, I was fully expecting the iPad version to be available on the AVP.

I was initially bummed about it because you need the app to be able to select it as your TV Provider in settings. It appears that you can still use it as your TV Provider when prompted by another service even though it doesn’t show up in settings as such. Probably gets the info from iCloud. Still would prefer an app over Safari version though. Hopefully it’s in the works and they’re optimizing it.

I chose DirecTV Stream because it was the only service I found with the NHL Network and MSG Network (my local sports network that streams the majority of NY Islander games).

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
Same here. Ditched Verizon FiOS cable in favor of all AppleTVs with DirecTV Stream. It’s installed on every device in the house except for the Vision Pro now. After I heard that the company has to actively remove their iPad app from the AVP, I was fully expecting the iPad version to be available on the AVP.

I was initially bummed about it because you need the app to be able to select it as your TV Provider in settings. It appears that you can still use it as your TV Provider when prompted by another service even though it doesn’t show up in settings as such. Probably gets the info from iCloud. Still would prefer an app over Safari version though. Hopefully it’s in the works and they’re optimizing it.

I chose DirecTV Stream because it was the only service I found with the NHL Network and MSG Network (my local sports network that streams the majority of NY Islander games).

I’m in the same situation with sports. Here in Metro Detroit Bally’s Sports Detroit carries almost all of the Wings, Tigers and Pistons games. Outside of nationally televised games then no Bally’s means no televised professional hockey, baseball or basketball games and no other streaming service includes Bally’s as a part of their packages. Sure you can pay to stream the network but you’d be stuck paying $20.00 a month to stream the two channels (they have a second channel for when the sports team have conflicting locally broadcast games) and when you add $20 on top of the other packages with the channels I want you’re spending just as much or more plus having to use multiple apps.

Here’s to hoping they pulled it because they intended to either put out a dedicated Vision Pro app or there was something about the iPad app that made the experience on the Vision Pro unusable and they are going to fix that before making the iPad app available but I’ve got a feeling they won’t do either due to the relatively small number of Vision Pro users who are also subscribers to the service. I hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Itinj24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.