Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
Hi All,

Has anyone used Mojave with their Fujitsu SnapScan ix500?

Don Barar

Snorkledorf

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
Kansai, Japan
Not the ix500, but I have an S1500 and SV600, and they both work for me after the upgrade to Mojave without driver updates or any other changes. I was just scanning some stuff yesterday.

Side note:
Interestingly, under High Sierra turning on the SV600 always triggered Micro Snitch to tell me my iMac's camera hardware had been activated, and since the SV600 is an open scanner I figured it was kind of "camera-like" and Micro Snitch was just confused, so I just ignored it.

But under Mojave I was explicitly asked if I wanted to give camera access to the ScanSnap driver, which I declined. And the scanning still works fine. So it apparently really did access the camera—no idea what that was about. I'm just glad to have Micro Snitch out of my face every time I'm using the SV600.

Sniff

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2012
I just upgraded yesterday and did the install for my ix500. I didn't use the Scansnap software, though. I wanted to try Vuescan. So much better. Worked right off the bat, Vuescan drivers, nothing else to install. Works like a charm.

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
I just upgraded yesterday and did the install for my ix500. I didn't use the Scansnap software, though. I wanted to try Vuescan. So much better. Worked right off the bat, Vuescan drivers, nothing else to install. Works like a charm.

Hi Sniff,

Can you use the wireless connectivity of the ix500 with Vuescan?

Don

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.