Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jayp03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Hi everyone.

I just got an iPad as a gift for my birthday and I was wondering if a full body skin (like BSE or Wrapsol) would still fit in a hard case like the Incipio feather or the Speck Candyshell (any hard case would do if it fits).

As of right now, I'm really looking for hard cases (not folio type covers) that will allow me to also use a full body skin (so it won't get scratched and what not). I know that some people will be thinking, why have a case and a full body skin, but I really don't want it getting damaged since it is an expensive gift (if I bought it myself, I'd probably just get a case or a sleeve).

If you guys have any suggestions on other good ways to keep an iPad "new," please let me know.

Thank you!

newbiemacguy128

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
Personally i'd get the wrapsol and a slip on case. Thats what i do with my MBP. I like the naked look and usually theres not a big risk of dropping it once you take it out of the sleeve (i'm usually sitting at this point).

Maybe if your the one to play angry birds while riding a bicycle and texting on your iphone at the same time, thatd be a different story =P.

Jayp03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Personally i'd get the wrapsol and a slip on case. Thats what i do with my MBP. I like the naked look and usually theres not a big risk of dropping it once you take it out of the sleeve (i'm usually sitting at this point).

Maybe if your the one to play angry birds while riding a bicycle and texting on your iphone at the same time, thatd be a different story =P.

I guess that could work too, skin with slip on case.

I'm going to be using it mostly for college work, mostly reading, email, and all that good college stuff. I'm a nursing student so I'm always going place to place (class, hospital, back to class, library, then back to class again is a typical day) and I don't really want to have to slip it in and out of a case all the time (I prefer pulling it out only once, from my bag, instead of from my bag, and then a sleeve, before I can start using it; I don't know, maybe that's just me).

I don't plan on dropping it, but I can't predict what things might happen later on, that are beyond my control. If it was just sitting at home, then it'd be a different story.

What are your thoughts on the Wrapsol skin by the way? I read that the cuts on it don't really match up with the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.