Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
I remember back in IOS7 whenever I got a video sent to me Via Text, We could play it then get it to go into Full screen mode, Now in IOS8 whenever I get a Vid and start to play it you cannot get into full screen mode? Im I missing something or is this something new (not liked lol)

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
Took me a minute to figure it out as well... Tap the video anywhere other than the play button to go full screen

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
Weird. As long as I don't tap the triangle it opens bigger for me. You are just single tapping right?

mmmmmmmmatheus

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2015
OMG I am loosing faith in Apple. this is totally obnoxious. who the heck would ever want to watch it in tiny pane in text. I have suffered this problem for like a year. they make these changes and its up to you to figure it out, beyond reading the imaginary manual that is somewhere out there. dumb dumb dumb. just play the video full scale like always please apple

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
OMG I am loosing faith in Apple. this is totally obnoxious. who the heck would ever want to watch it in tiny pane in text. I have suffered this problem for like a year. they make these changes and its up to you to figure it out, beyond reading the imaginary manual that is somewhere out there. dumb dumb dumb. just play the video full scale like always please apple
Tap anywhere on the video other than the play button and it will play full screen, as mentioned before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.