Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ILBandit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Stumbled across this tonight on photobucket, Pretty creative revue, LOL
I assume it is a revue for the coy pond application..

IMG_0001.png

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I wish Apple would pay more attention to screening at least obvious violations of its own policy. I don't think a music and application store is the place I want mu children to have illegal drug use preached to them.

Might be funny to high school students. I think it's ridiculous.

vandy1997

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
Dude, lighten up. Or maybe light up and chill out. This is a JOKE - get it? I'm sure that your children have seen or heard about drugs and have seen people getting murdered or committing suicide on TV. All they need to do is watch the news. Maybe if you teach them to be responsible instead of hiding this stuff from them, you will feel more confident in the fact that they will resist the temptation to become major potheads. Hav you heard some of the top songs on iTunes? They talk about having sex and smoking pot, and girls kissing girls. Are you going to censor those songs as well? There's much worse stuff that marijuana in the world, like people who want to censor everything. Remember freedom of speech?

I wish Apple would pay more attention to screening at least obvious violations of its own policy. I don't think a music and application store is the place I want mu children to have illegal drug use preached to them.

Might be funny to high school students. I think it's ridiculous.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Read the constitution. Freedom of speech is a right that the 'government' won't infringe upon. Your 'free speech' isn't violated when a private company doesn't give you a platform. The rest of your post isn't worth the time it would take to respond.

Flhusky

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Florida
Read the constitution. Freedom of speech is a right that the 'government' won't infringe upon. Your 'free speech' isn't violated when a private company doesn't give you a platform. The rest of your post isn't worth the time it would take to respond.

Oddly enough there is 'constitution' app in the iPhone app store. If i knew how to link to it I would.

jstanier

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Brighton, England.
Hahaha, that's absolutely brilliant. It makes me wonder what actually happens in the delay between reviews getting posted and actually appearing on the store. Quick swear word check? :)

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
I'm not offended by the drug reference but I do think it's a pretty stupid joke and the guy pretty much sounds like an idiot. Does that seriously make you laugh? If so then some of the kids from my 4th grade classroom probably have some awesome fart jokes for you. Also, you should check out Laffy Taffy. I'm sure you'd find it hilarious.

vandy1997

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
Yes, you are correct. You win, okay? Apple should delete this comment and every other comment with which you don't agree! I agree with you 100%. I truly feel honored that you were able to take time out of your precious life to respond to part of my post. Now I just hope that marijuana becomes legal so that people can post without being criticized. Now move along and go campaign for McCain and his idiotic sidekick.

Again, that was a JOKE! Some people found the late George Carlin to be funny; others didn't. The great thing is that, ultimately, he was permitted to say what he said without being placed in jail for saying it. And the guy who commented on the app was actually doing more than a lot of people who just post that it's too expensive.

Now go write an e-mail to Apple so that they can delete that post and all of the music and other media on iTunes that relate to drug use so that you can be happy. Move along, now.

Back to this topic: I LOVE THAT POST. I think that I'm going to frame it on my wall! :D

slidetounlock

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
Please, to the people complainging about this, get over it, your kids are exposed to so much more these days then ever, and probably kno wmore than you about street drugs. Please. Never seen a pot head get up and stab someone, theyre to busy eating chips.....

and +2 on that review. Here in Cali, where you can have fun on the medical herb, this app is great for those times, it is real calming and soothing. Yes I do smoke, and yes I have a job, paid well, and respected family man, pot is not ringing this universe down, trust me. It's the overprotective people like some in this post, who make it worse. And the further yourive your kids away from things deemed negative you're only driving them closer to doing those things....

But yeah the app is great, its nice to have running on the background in my office while I work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.