Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
Is it just me, or is there a way around this. The fast user switching logs out of iChat and then back in when your account is in front. I would like the ability to receive messages while someone else is on my computer. I have already submitted a feature request, but was hoping for a simple fix. Anybody else want additions or fixes?

StarmanDeluxe

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Yeah, I was just about to post about the same thing. I wish FUS didn't log you out of iChat. It's soooo annoying :(

However, other than the sometimes-weird text smoothing I've encountered, Panther has been great. Much faster and most definitely an even cleaner interface.

arogge

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
I switched from AIM to iChat and I find this "feature" annoying, too. AIM would have an option to display the Idle message, but iChat stops working. I configured iChat to start in the other user profiles as well, but this won't work if you don't want other users to have access to your account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.