Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimB21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Anyone else run into this? I bought a G-Technology G-DRIVE with Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C 6TB drive 3 months ago. One day it had dismounted and shut down. No signs of life.

I called G-Tech and they gave me an RMA and told me that I'd get a replacement 3-5 days after they received my faulty drive. They received the drive on May 21. I called a week later to find that my drive was caught in a warehouse move from Ontario, CA to San Diego, CA. Its now almost 3 weeks after they received my drive, almost a month after I sent it and it can't be found. They keep on telling me my case has been escalated but I don't know what that means as nothing changes.

I suggested that they ship out replacement drives as its their error that's preventing me from having my drive up and running. They could then catch up on their mess on their backend when they find everything. Right now all I can see is that they have my drive and I have no drive.

I'm supposed to be reassured that I'm not the only person with this problem, that there are hundreds of others. A manager will call me back on Monday but the customer service rep. says that he'll have the same information for me.

Not sure what to do.

-=Tim=-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.