Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timweber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2017
Hi everybody,

I've got a powermac g4 which has installed OS9. 2(.2?) and OS X on the Same Volume. Unfortunetely, osx wont Boot and just shows up UniNEnet putToSleep - disabled Cell clock in the Unix shell. Also, booting from a OSX cd does not work for some reason. Can someone tell me how to bring OSX to work, or how to reinstall it or how to boot into os9 (which would be the best as OS9 comes with pretty cool preinstalled Software of the preowner)
Please forgive me for any grammar or spelling mistakes, im german so writing such Things in english is a bit of a Challenge for me.

KawaiiAurora

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2016
Europa
Hi everybody,

I've got a powermac g4 which has installed OS9. 2(.2?) and OS X on the Same Volume. Unfortunetely, osx wont Boot and just shows up UniNEnet putToSleep - disabled Cell clock in the Unix shell. Also, booting from a OSX cd does not work for some reason. Can someone tell me how to bring OSX to work, or how to reinstall it or how to boot into os9 (which would be the best as OS9 comes with pretty cool preinstalled Software of the preowner)
Please forgive me for any grammar or spelling mistakes, im german so writing such Things in english is a bit of a Challenge for me.

Did you try booting via pressing Alt when booting to get the boot menu? Ya may also try booting via OpenFirmware. Are you sure that the HDD is working and has the jumpers in the proper position? I'd suggest you boot from an OS 9 CD/DVD to check out what's on the HDD of everything fails. Reset the PRAM and remove the battery just in case ;)

You may also set the startup disk from an OS 9 or OS X boot CD/DVD. If your computer doesn't like DVD/CDs, you can use USB to boot OS 9 at least

timweber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2017
TE="KawaiiAurora, post: 24632651, member: 1062189"]Did you try booting via pressing Alt when booting to get the boot menu? Ya may also try booting via OpenFirmware. Are you sure that the HDD is working and has the jumpers in the proper position? I'd suggest you boot from an OS 9 DVD to check out what's on the HDD of everything fails. Reset the PRAM and remove the battery just in case ;)

You may also set the startup disk from an OS 9 or OS X boot CD[/QUOTE]
Yeah, ive tried booting via alt and via open firmware etc
Also i only have an OSX CD.
But in the last few minutes, my problem changed.
I was playing around with the bless command in order to get something to work. Iset the blessed os9 folder to boot and now the only thing i see is the flashing question mark/mac logo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.