Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DasMIC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2023
I have converted a g5 case to atx and I thought that an original apple monitor like the cinema display (2006) would compliment the look of the g5 case - so I bought one. Now I experience weird behaviour from the monitor. After I shut down my windows machine completely (PSU off) and go to work and return a few hours later and try to turn the pc on the cinema display blinks rapidly on the right side where the buttons are located (they indeed work) - I leave the monitor plugged in (white led is on when the pc is off). Even if I turn the machine off and try it again the monitor flashes a bit - on off on off until the pc boots completely (It needs like 5 minutes) - it runs reliably for hours on end. I don't have any problem after signing in (no flashes nothing). I tried a different monitor and it did not have any problem (cheap acer monitor). A piece of information that could be useful is that I use a DVI single-link adapter to DisplayPort. I also tried the monitor before buying with an original g5 and it did not flash.

Mothrboard Crosshair VII hero
3060 ti 8gb
Windows 11

Every single comment is welcome

(I am not a native speaker so be advised)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.