Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
T-Mobile finally released the Marshmallow update, I am running an extreme debloated ROM, with like zero Samsung apps, and can cherry pick any specific Touchwiz apps I do want installed. This ROM also allows AOSP GAPPS some stock Google apps to work, like the Dialer + Contacts I am running are the exact same as on the Nexus, no Touchwiz phone app, which is really cool. I also run Google Messenger for texts, Google Calendar, Google Clock, plus some Samsung Touchwiz apps I prefer.

Anyways, with MM on the Note 5, the phone just feels smoother and more fluid than before. Just a very fast and snappy phone. I thought it was fast before on Lollipop, but the little tiny lags or little hiccups from LP are totally gone, it is SUPER SMOOTH now.

Gotta say I am very impressed, and the way I have it setup is more like a Nexus-Note 5 now.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Very interested in the Note 6 is supposed to borrow a lot of S7 Edge specs;

- Micro SD card
- Waterproof
- Massive battery size ( At least 3,600mAh )
- Bit larger screen ( 5.8" )
- 6GB RAM

My biggest concern, will the U.S. version get the SD823 meaning no root + ROM's, only the Exynos versions get development. I'd rather the U.S. get the upcoming super beast Exynos version.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I'm really hoping they release the N6 with Android N, but I realize the chances for this are miniscule. Then I wouldn't be worried so much about updating it 6 months later with AT&T despicable update schedule.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
If the Note 6 comes out in July, most likely just shipping with Marshmallow. And Android-N releases on Nexus devices in Sept / Oct. Will wait forever for Samsung to update their phones to N, most likely 7 or 8 months.

I plan to get the 5.5" HTC Nexus-N instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.