Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Looks like a giant S3! :) (not a bad thing!)

I wouldn't have minded getting a Note. I will say I'm intrigued by the form factor. Will wait a d see what gets shown at the end of the month.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
Oh god. If it really does look and feel like a giant S3, this is going to be the biggest disappointment ever.

I really, really hate the design of the S3.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
I have the original Note and really like it. I've gotten spoiled by the size of the screen, it's great for my purposes (a lot of ebook reading, taking notes with Evernote). I can't justify an upgrade for a while yet, but I'll be very interested to see what they do with the Note II.

Prior to this I had a Galaxy S2, which I loved. I considered it the perfect phone (a water spill killed it :(). The S3 looks amazing as well.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Actually that's just the bezel around the screen.

I still feel like they can round off the edges to make it look like an S3 - they're using the same home-button design, why not the edges also?

Home button doesnt look like the s3 or maybe my eyes! S3 home button looks more like a smiley mouth ) instead of []

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
Nice that the screen is no longer pentile. It's a huge shame they didn't put the Exynos 5 in there, though. This is basically just a Note 1 with a slightly larger screen IMHO (the quad core 4412 isn't that big of a deal over the old one).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.