Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
There seems to be another problem with Sammy's latest flagship phone:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/samsung-galaxy-s8-users-complain-of-random-restarts/

I wonder if this is going to be fixed quickly and forgotten about in a few weeks, or if it's a bigger problem.

Seems to be still occurring with replacement units too.

The first batches of iPhone 6 had a similar problem, so it's not just isolated to Samsung phones. Not to use this as the sole excuse, but all new technology products seem to suffer from bugs. It will get worked out with replacements and software updates.

Last edited:

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
The first batches of iPhone 6 had a similar problem, so it's not just isolated to Samsung phones. Not to use this as the sole excuse, but all new technology products seem to suffer from bugs. It will get worked out with replacements and software updates.
I dont ever recall this at all..

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Pixel phones had this issue.

I have a feeling it has something to do with 7.0.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Dam, Samsung are yet again copying Apple.:rolleyes: I get a couple a week on my 7+

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I've said this before but since iPhone 6 I find android to be more stable than iOS. This covers random reboots, app crashes and needing to force restart.

Reactions: 5105973

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
I've said this before but since iPhone 6 I find android to be more stable than iOS. This covers random reboots, app crashes and needing to force restart.

In my experiences, same here. I can't recall a single app that crashed on my S7E, yet I can recall on my iPhone 6S.

However, I did experience random rebooting with my Pixel (technically, my father's Pixel). We went through the whole RMA process and the new one rebooted, too. It rebooted in Safe Mode as well. Which is why I suspected that it had something to do with Android 7.0 (or was it 7.1 by then?). Something's amiss...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.