Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Hi there,
I realize that if we all had Macs this wouldn't be a problem, but not everyone does have a Mac. And it seems that most (though not all) Windows users who try to screen videos I've posted to my Gallery page have problems. Yes, they dutifully, when asked, download QuickTime, or QT components. But even then, things don't seem to work half the time. The latest complaint: only the first minute of the video played. Then just sound.
Can anyone advise?
Is there an easier way, other than burning a DVD, for me to show friends/clients videos I'm working on? Or can Gallery/MobileMe be made to work?
Thanks,
malch

malch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
just came across this, quoting an Apple tech, posted on an Apple forum:

"No, it's not just you having this issue. It's pretty consistent with the latest Quicktime for Windows release. Although it's not clear as to it being Quicktime's issue or something else with the MobileMe site.

For now, I have been advised that the work around is to download the video that is not displaying correctly and view it in Quicktime Player.

Depending on the resolution for this, it could be a few days or a few weeks or longer"​

That was from last September. I have no idea if this problem with the Windows version of QuickTime (I think it was 7.6.4) has been resolved... certainly not for the Windows users who've been trying to screen a video on my gallery page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.