Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Is anyone else having problems with Game Center after upgrading to iOS 9?

It works fine on my iPhone 5s, but on my iPad Air 2 the Game Center app displays a white screen and going to Settings -> Game Center freezes settings (displaying the previously selected setting page).

Sometimes after a minute or two both will load, sometimes not. I managed to sign out, but that didn't help. Neither did resetting network or all settings.

I'm currently restoring from a backup I made prior to upgrading to iOS 9. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try a restore.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Restoring from backup didn't work (and kept hanging at updating iCloud settings) so I'm restoring.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Once I restored my backup it was FUBARed again. I'm going to try reverting to iOS 8.4.1 and sign out and then try upgrading again, but other than that I have no idea how to fix this without losing years worth of stuff.

sebounet79

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2015
I have exactly the same problem on my iPad but not on the iphone, made the return to ios 8.4.1 and disconnect from the game center, it solve the problem?

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Nothing I did short of setting my iPad up as new under iOS 9 or reverting to iOS 8.4.1 would fix this.

I tried reverting to iOS 8.4.1, signing out of Game Center and then upgrading via iTunes (doing a iTunes and iCloud backup first). That didn't work. Neither did restoring from either backup.

Only setting the iPad up as new worked and it was a pain in the ass as I lost a bunch of save games with years worth of progress. Not only that, but it is a very time consuming to get my apps back in working order and getting my folders back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.