Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TenthDoctor

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2020
Hi. I just recently got a new 2020 MacBook Air, which is running Catalina. On my old 2011 MacBook I had an older version of BlueStacks that was able to play a game called Elves vs. Dwarves flawlessly. The old MacBook was running Sierra.

I downloaded the most up to date version of bluestacks on my new compute because the older version from my other computer would not run on Catalina. I had no choice but to upgrade the app. Bluestacks itself seems to work on the new computer fine. However, the game Elves vs. Dwarves does not.

I downloaded Elves vs. Dwarves on the emulator fine, and the app plays fine until the game’s tutorial is done (you pick whether you want to be an elf or a dwarf, then you can either skip the tutorial or go through it, and after that is done, the game will try to connect you to A real game server. The game freezes here and will not connect to a server.

I downloaded the Nox app, and the same thing happens on Nox.

The reason I wanted it to run on my computer is so I could run my alliance bank on it, and always keep the screen visible so I could fill resource request.

Do you think this is an issue with Nox and Bluestacks, an issue with Catalina, an Issue with Elves vs. Dwarves, or an issue with Android in the emulators?

Anyone else running these apps on Catalina and having problems connecting to servers in any games you play (especially elves vs dwarves)?

Does anyone have a solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.