Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacLawyer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
U.S.A.
Has anyone tried some games like Halo Infinite on Apple silicon hardware? Do the games even work? I used to build my own gaming PCs back in the day. Now I'm old and lazy.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Has anyone tried some games like Halo Infinite on Apple silicon hardware? Do the games even work? I used to build my own gaming PCs back in the day. Now I'm old and lazy.
As far as I can find Halo Infinite doesn't work via GPKT. GamePass itself requires the XBox app (and the Windows Store) to run so I don't think that works either.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022

Like, natively or through cloud? Because your thread title says Game Pass which of course every Game Pass game is playable via cloud streaming in a web browser.

Reactions: diamond.g

venom600

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
It doesn't run because it requires DirectX12 and Parallels can't support that yet. Until Game Porting Toolkit no DX12 games worked on M1/2/3 Macs. Your only hope for getting it run is a patched version of Crossover that uses Game Porting Toolkit for DX12 support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.