Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I currently have a Nintendo Wii that I’m trying to get up and running for my 7yo grandson to try out. However, if it doesn’t wind up functioning properly, what would be a good game system to buy for him? It will be his first console system, having mostly played iPad and occasionally a Nintendo 2DS.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I currently have a Nintendo Wii that I’m trying to get up and running for my 7yo grandson to try out. However, if it doesn’t wind up functioning properly, what would be a good game system to buy for him? It will be his first console system, having mostly played iPad and occasionally a Nintendo 2DS.

How much are you willing to spend?

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
How much are you willing to spend?

It just depends. I mean I can do something new for $300. I’d LOVE to get something a little older so I could buy used, but I want it to be a decent system. He’s just starting so I’m not looking to go all out until I know he’s gonna really play one.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
It just depends. I mean I can do something new for $300. I’d LOVE to get something a little older so I could buy used, but I want it to be a decent system. He’s just starting so I’m not looking to go all out until I know he’s gonna really play one.

A used video/game/music store I love has Xbox 360 Slims 4Gig models used for around $50 - can't go wrong with those as you can hook those up to an old TV or a new one.

They also sell used 360 games. Some you can play in an Xbox One so if you ever upgrade... :)

Reactions: ssledoux

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
How about a switch? They are $299 but probably will have some good Black Friday deals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.