Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 23, 2016
Is there a way in iOS 9 to decline a spam friend request? In iOS 6 you could select "ignore all". I don't see that feature in iOS 9.

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 23, 2016
so just ignore one by one. what's the problem?
That's the problem, I can't find the ignore option. If I select "requests" it ask me to connect to Facebook. In iOS 5 if you select request, there was an option to ignore all.

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 23, 2016
no idea. i always get the ignore option. disconnect FB from your ios settings temporarily and then try.
I don't have a FB account which is the other problem. Once I tap on Requests it asks me to connect to FB. In iOS 5/6 the next screen had the user name with the ignore option.

Edit: OK it was me who created the problem. In restrictions, I disabled MP Games and Add friends thinking that would prevent this situation in the future. By disabling both in restrictions, that's what kept me from being able to ignore them.

Thanks for the suggestions, it made me think of my restrictions settings and that's where the problem was.

Last edited:

electronicsguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2015
Pune, India
I don't have a FB account which is the other problem. Once I tap on Requests it asks me to connect to FB. In iOS 5/6 the next screen had the user name with the ignore option.

Edit: OK it was me who created the problem. In restrictions, I disabled MP Games and Add friends thinking that would prevent this situation in the future. By disabling both in restrictions, that's what kept me from being able to ignore them.

Thanks for the suggestions, it made me think of my restrictions settings and that's where the problem was.

:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.