Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zali0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
Kent, UK
Hey guys,

We're giving my girlfriends sister her first Mac for her 9th birthday. We want to put a few free games on there that she can enjoy but we are a bit stumped on which games to pick? The machine is a 400Mhz G3 running 10.4 with 512MB of RAM.

If you know of any games that will run (nothing to fancy!) let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2002
UK
Hey guys,

We're giving my girlfriends sister her first Mac for her 9th birthday. We want to put a few free games on there that she can enjoy but we are a bit stumped on which games to pick? The machine is a 400Mhz G3 running 10.4 with 512MB of RAM.

Thanks for your help.

You could start with the shareware version of Escape Velocity - that's a great game by Ambrosia software. I would have thought that Unreal Tournament (OS X port) would also work fine on that machine. Does it have OS 9 installed as well? If so, Myth and Myth II are brilliant games from that era. Oni was good also.

You should probably have a trawl through Macgamefiles.com for some good demos to get you started.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
IIRC theres a Lego maker application for OSX, don't know if it's PPC too though. Heck I don't even know the name. Something I would have played at 9 years old when my brother hijacked the lego bricks :)

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Hey guys,

Thanks for your help.

Won't The Sims run on this computer It runs on mine nicely (600Mhz iBook G3). You could probably pick up most of the expansion packs cheaply too.

zali0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
Kent, UK
Cheers people, they are some awesome replies! I think i'm going to go with Sim City, Worms and maybe a few others :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.