Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

senorian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
I'm looking for some games (free or pay) with high replay value. I bought Texas Hold'Em which was fun but the AI was sketchy. I purchased Trism which is fun but I just can't figure out scoring. can you guys list some good recommendations?
my games purchased:
Tap Tap
LED Football
Trism
cube runner
onnomnom
tris
all papi games
TanZen
Fuzzle
Dactyl

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
I keep finding myself playing Crash Bandicoot and Flick Bowling. Neither are Nintendo DS or Sony PSP worthy but for a phone, what the hell. :rolleyes:

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Galcon Multiplayer (online)

It is highly addictive when you compete with other people, as it is fast paced and you need to be quick on making your tactics/strategies or else you'll loose to other real players. Perfect time-killer (shall I say time-consuming addictive app)

geekmommy4

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Texas
I find myself going back to Cubes and Sextuple Word Challenge. They both have free versions so that you can check them out. I liked them both enough to pay for them.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
Dizzy Bee! It's relatively easy to get through but trying to beat each level with 'crown' rating is intense. It was one of the first apps I purchased and my wife and I still play it to this day. Only two levels off beating it 100%. Beautifully polished game.

moopf

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
United Kingdom
I've been getting nice comments about the replay value of my game, Hiqup.

Also, I'm finding that Moonlight Mahjong has high replay value not just because of the number of boards included but also because it has a board editor built in and I believe you can also download extra boards - it is by far the best of the Mahjong games I've tried.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Scrabble. It's basically the same thing over and over, but the whole word puzzle part gets you thinking and keeps it from being boring.

I spent $6 on Cro-Mag Rally. At $2, it's a steal.

I haven't really found too many (Aurora Feint is basically advanced Tetris, but it was free). Tap Tap Revenge isn't bad either, but it does get old. The best idea is to find a stash of cheap or free simple games that vary in style.

Siriosys

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2007
New Zealand
My 2 Favs would have to be:

Enjoy Sudoku (Paid version)

Hi, my name's Siriosys and I'm a Sudokuholic! I LOVE THIS GAME.
This seems to be one of the better Sudoku games out there with what I call 'authentic' Sudoku puzzles (35,000 onboard)

Labyrinth (Paid version)

I love the sounds in this game - they're very well done and the physics feels just right. The promise of more downloadable mazes is a great idea too.

Yasic

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2008
Fuzzle got me really good. allthough it still lets you play when the game is allready lost, say too many balls on the field, but still.

I like Tris too, but somehow after level 15 it doesn't get any faster, the challenge is missing,

and then of course, bejeweled is always worth the time

asta-roth

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2008
At first I had Wurdle, then I played Texas Hold'em quite a lot, but after that for around 8 days straight, whenever I have time I play Galcon (multi). As some said before, it's just amazing, fast-paced, strategic game I can't keep my hands off:) What's even more amazing it's such a "simple" idea.

icewing

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
St Louis
Toy Bot Diaries - check out the free version first. Great game, wish it was longer.

Sudoku Classic - free. Tried a few different ones and I like this interface the best. Only drawback is that I wish it had it's own sound controls.

senorian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
thanks for all the recommendations guys. i'll be checking out these games for sure.

kshep

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
A lot of people have commented that my game Imangi has a high replay value. It includes a few different game play options to suit your mood. Standard, Speed, Daily Challenges, and Friend Challenges. We have about 50 people a day play the daily challenge which is really fun.

I also seem to play the following games over and over too: Subway Shuffle, Tap Tap Revenge, Labyrinth, and Dizzy Bee.

-Keith

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
I am fininding Torus to be totally addictive. It's cheap too.

game2.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.